Uniting the faith community to end sexual violence
About the Project
WeWillSpeakOut.US is a coalition and movement of diverse faith groups from across the US joining together for action and advocacy to end the silence around sexual and gender based violence (SGBV).
Its mission is to work at local, national and global levels to raise awareness, care for victims, encourage law enforcement and change our culture of tolerance and inaction.
IMA World Health serves as the coalition’s secretariat and fiscal sponsor, managing the communications, finances and daily activities of the coalition.
- Raise awareness among faith leaders about the prevalence of SGBV in their communities
- Gather, develop and share tools to empower faith leaders and individuals to speak out to prevent and address SGBV and reduce the stigma for survivors
- Build bridges between faith communities and public, community and/or professional resources targeting SGBV
- Use the coalition’s united voices to influence laws and policies
Major achievements include:
- Recruited 12 member organizations
- Accumulated 35,000 signatures on the Pledge Against Violence (Add yours now!)
- Launched SPEAK OUT SUNDAY
- Developed the ONE IN THREE Sermon Guide