hen kids don’t have access to the right food within their first 1,000 days of life, they may face life-long, debilitating challenges. Brains don’t fully develop. Bodies remain stunted instead of growing strong.
For Mujanyi Bishasha Mado, learning how to grow nutritious food to feed her family meant even more than raising healthy kids.
After years of war and strife, the Democratic Republic of Congo remains a challenging place to be a mother. Under-nutrition is a chronic problem there, that, gone unchecked, can thwart the health of an entire generation.
FACT: 1 in 4 children under the age of 5 years suffers from stunting, which is a low height for a child’s age. (Source: 1000 Days)
Stunting, wasting and poor cognitive development are just a few of malnutrition’s ills. Mujanyi Bishasha Mado learned from IMA World Health that she could grow better vegetables that would give her children the best start possible. What’s more, Mujanyi is also able to sell her vegetables which allows her to pay for her children’s school fees. She is not only able to feed her family nutrient-rich meals but also provide her children with an education.
Your gift will help make an immediate impact on urgently needed services for mothers and their children. This Mother’s Day, give a gift that improves health, healing and well-being right now and into the future. Thank you so much for your help.
The typical Mother’s Day gift falls far short of gifts that may save lives.
Consider making your donation in honor of the special mother or mothers in your life:
- A gift card for $25 to a restaurant could train one doctor to treat complications from childbirth, such as a fistula.
- A flower bouquet costing $50 could train one nurse to care for expectant mothers and newborns.
- A new purse costing $75 could provide 15 malaria nets.
- A box of perfume costing $150 could provide two infant scales for a health clinic.
- A piece of jewelry costing $500 could provide 4 Family LifeStraw water filters.
The mom(s) you honor will receive a card or email letting them know of your amazing life-changing gift. It’s an instant gift that will forever change a life.